Tuesday 17 June 2008

A Talk with the physio

"Reflexology?" I asked her. I was surprised to hear a medical professional say that she was prepared to use that. I bit my tongue before I could say what was thinking: "Isn't that quack medicine?" but when you have two wrecked legs you are willing to try anything. One leg is long standing (or rather it isn't I suppose - Cue Peter Cooke & Dudley More joke ) following an amputation as a youngster. The other leg problems are of more recent origin - osteoarthritis and will require a hip replacement sometime in the future. Now OA for anyone is bad news but when you are in my position it creates more issues. I used to be able to hop to the shower room in the morning but not anymore: I have to use my spare leg now (not a pretty sight by the way) to walk the few yards from the bedroom before clambering into the shower. I used to have to pause two or three times each morning to let the pain subside on the landing.



So I had a chat with the physio at the limb centre today to discuss the options an?d that is where reflexology came in. I know nothing about reflexology but I suspect I will now. She has asked me to contact my GP in order to get the go ahead. Wonder how he will take it.

No comments: