Sunday 18 January 2009

Start Ya Bastard

Since I have been banned from driving (for medical reasons I hasten to add !) my own car has hardly been used since my wife prefers her own rustbucket, so I was not totally surprised to find my Zafira diesel not starting .....

Called AA Homestart who wondered if air had got into fuel system but then he wandered back to his van and came back with a can of some Aussie stuffed gloriously called "Start Ya Bastard" which he then proceeded to spray into the diesel's air intake. He then attempted to start the engine, which then promptly gave an almighty cough (almost a backfire!) and slowly clattered into life .....

I had a look at the web site for "Start ya bastard" I see that it contains 25% ether ...... http://www.startyabastard.com/

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a can of the stuff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get a can of SYB from eBay - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_nkwZstartQ20yaQ20bastardQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ - you can pick it up for less than a fiver! Enjoy :)