Wednesday 28 January 2009

Almost there

Two days to go before I leave BT - I did a horrible calculation earlier: the 11 years I have spent with them represents over 20% of my life which is really really scary!

I am trying to work as normal - handovers seem to be dominating the days - but there is a definite end-of-term feeling that I am experiencing at the moment, with also a massive melancholy of all the times, peoples and events that I have experience.

Fat Git and Baldy, Norman the Storeman (he is a database administrator), Sally M, Rob C, all the Mart[iy]ns, Steve E, SP/IL (you know who you are - early coffees), John B, Fi, JR, Carl etc etc ... (sorry if you aren't named - I haven't forgotten you!)

I have made some very good friends at BT - I suspect that, rather like an army number - my employee's identification number - the gateway to accessing information within the company - will be with me until the day I am in my grave.

But Friday it will be time to go. Norman is coming up divest me of my BT membership - laptop, pass etc and then I will be gone ...

No comments: