Friday 8 August 2008

Support Droids

I had a meeting yesterday near my brother's house so afterwards I met up and joined him in something to eat.

Unfortunately his broadband connection had completely died overnight and I voluteered to help.

Big Big Mistake ....

The symptoms were that the ADSL connection to the ISP were dead. orange fault light on router flashing happily

Ran through the normal checks - connection from PC to router OK? yes

Router OK? yes - swapped it out with his old one and problem remained.

Checked account details on router - yup fine

Connection from router to phone point - looks OK

So phone up support.

I explained the symptoms, ran through what I had done, and gently suggested that it probably wasn't us but rather BT.

Without going through the 45 minute call which would bore everybody to death I would suggest that reinstalling winsock on the PC would probably not help .....

Bloody droid

Oh and the Broadband connection came back to life on its own later in the evening.

No comments: